Monday, 18 August 2014

Cliff Clearing Ad 2014

Hello! I've been busy recently but for a good reason! Here is the result of my hard work :)


This is Cliff the seagull, and seen as I can here's some of the work that went into the ad, and his creation.


It started off as 3 rough post it note ideas, I then polished them up a bit and popped them in storyboard pro! This allowed me to send some ideas through to my client, Sunderland university. 

They liked my third idea and we made the necessary changes, they were a great client to work for as they were really responsive and once we had the idea down knew where they wanted to take it.


I tried to keep it simple as I didn't have a big turnaround time for this project, this meant I needed to be able to produce the animation quickly.

So that led to trying to figure out how cliff should look


You can see in the finished ad its beak is straighter and its feet are more obviously webbed  but above are some of the different ways I was thinking of taking him. 


Last piece of background you get! haha, this was fondly done when I was trying to get Cliff to fly at the end, I was having a moment and every time I animated him straight he just looked like someone had snapped both his wings. I watch videos of seagulls flying and sat down for a bit trying to get it on paper first. It always seems to help! Oh and you can probably see what I was feeling at the time too hah.


Its doing quite well, so feel free to have a peep! I feel like theres some improvement, I got to explore different ways of pulling the animation together but I've got some improvement to do, not bad for doing it myself though!

I was on the radio about it too if you can believe it, with Capital Fm chatting about clearing, I'll be on Spark FM talking more about it as animation sometime this week so keep an ear out I guess!