Thursday, 4 April 2013

Grandma

I got a ton of written, misc uni work done yesterday, did staff training and then stayed up till 2 drawing a portrait. I'd been browsing some old photos and there was a wedding picture of my mom's parents on their wedding day. They passed away long before I was born and the picture was pretty worn so I decided to try and paint it so my mom could have a bigger less destroyed picture. the first sketch is actually despicable but serves as route guidelines. Painting over the top the last image (thankfully looks nothing like the sketch!) Really got to work on that..

I was a bit unsure whether to actually show my mom, just if I drew her incorrectly (its such an old and small photo!) I'll feel terrible but after getting a second opinion I've left her the above image on the kitchen table. Hopefully she'll like it..

©CSalkeld2013